15 min Makes 2 Waffles
- 2 tsp ONE ORGANIC matcha
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- cooking spray
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, matcha, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together the milk, egg, oil, vanilla and sugar. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Open the waffle iron and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Pour half of the batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. The waffles should be pretty stiff.
- Enjoy with maple syrup or whipped cream!