45 min Makes 20 cookies
HOJICHA CINNAMON SHORTBREAD
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1 tablespoon ONE ORGANIC Hojicha Roasted Green Tea Powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted or regular ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 stick salted butter (115g) room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar (45g) sifted
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, Hojicha Roasted Green Tea Powder, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed until fluffy, for about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and add the powdered sugar mixing on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed slowly to medium and mix until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Slowly, add the flour mixture and mix until no traces of flour remain for about 1 1/2 minutes. Scrape down the sides again and the bottom of the bowl gathering all of the ingredients. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a disc. Wrap tightly in a sealed bag and store in your refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to bake, take out the dough and set it aside for about 30 to 40 minutes until pliable and ready to roll out (depending on the ambient temperature the time may differ). During this time, prepare two rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper and set them aside.
- Lightly flour one piece of parchment paper and place the dough on top. Place another piece of parchment over the dough and roll out the disc to about 1/4 inch, approximately a 9” diameter. Using a star shaped cookie cutter or the shape of your choice, stamp out the cookies. Re-roll scraps just twice if needed and place the cookies on your parchment lined sheet pans one inch apart.
- Chill again for 30 minutes and during this time arrange a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350.
- Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until slightly puffed and slightly golden around the edges for about 10 to 11 minutes rotating them halfway between. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes, then gently transfer the cookies to the rack only.
ORGANIC MATCHA GLAZE
- 1/2 cup (63g) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ONE ORGANIC Matcha Powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon whole milk or any milk of preference
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Once the cookies are completely cooled decorate them with the glaze.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl stir together the sugar, matcha and salt. Add the milk and vanilla and incorporate.
- Using a fork, drizzle over the cookies. Drizzle the cookies on a wire rack on a parchment lined sheet pan for easy cleanup. The glaze will set after about 30 minutes.
- Store the cookies in a airtight container up to 4 days.
Recipe and photo by Bebe Black Carminito / IG @champagneandcookies