1 hour Makes 8 Musubi
- 4 sheets ONE ORGANIC nori
- 1 12 oz. can of luncheon meat
- 3 cups Japanese short grain (or sushi) rice
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- Furikake to taste (optional)
- Musubi mold/press
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Let the cooked rice cool.
- Slice the luncheon meat into 8 even slices.
- Using a frying pan, slightly brown the slices of meat. Coat the luncheon meat with teriyaki sauce.
- Lay a sheet of nori down on a sushi mat or flat surface. Place musubi mold on the nori.
- Fill the musubi mold with about a ½ inch of rice and press down.
- Lay 2 slices of luncheon meat over the rice. Sprinkle furikake seasoning over luncheon meat to taste. Add another layer of rice. Press down as you remove the mold.
- Gently fold the nori around the rice.
- Dip a knife into water to prevent sticking and slice the roll into 2 pieces for serving.